Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Where The Sun Don't Shine - Whiskey Myers at Varsity Theater

 Back on June 23rd I was able to see Whiskey Myers in concert for a second time.  I had first seen them perform back in December 2013 in Spring, Texas.  When I saw that they would be playing in my home state at the same time I was going to be there, I knew I had to attend.  It had already been too long since I had last seen them so I was not going to pass up this opportunity.  


From the moment that Whiskey Myers takes the stage you can instantly feel the Southern Rock vibe of the band.  The energy was high from the first chord of Early Morning Shakes all the way to the very end of the two hour show.  Contributing to the high energy was the fans singing along song after song.  This was a pleasant surprise.  I'll be honest, walking into the theater I was curious as to just how many people would be there and how many people would know so many of their songs.  While Whiskey Myers has been popular among the Texas Country scene for closing in on a decade, they don't find themselves with the same airplay in Minnesota.


Whiskey Myers is a solid band all around.  When I first moved down to Texas in 2012, Lonely East Texas Nights was one of the very first songs I heard on the radio & I've been hooked ever since. They continually impress my both vocally and lyrically.  However, perhaps most impressive, is something you can only get a true sense of if you attend one of their shows.  From the wide range of instruments used, to guitar solos that put musicians all over to shame, instrumentally the band is nearly unmatched.

If you've never caught a show, I suggest you do so ASAP.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  You can find tour dates near you here.


Whiskey Myers' fourth album, Mud, will be released on September 9.  It is currently available for pre-order on PledgeMusic.

While we all patiently wait for Mud's release, check out some of their older songs here.  Each of their first three albums, Road of Life, Firewater, & Early Morning Shakes, are available for purchase on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment