Wednesday, August 17, 2016

10 Reasons to Put Down the Luke Bryan and Pick Up Cody Johnson's GOTTA BE ME

Cody Johnson released his much anticipated album Gotta Be Me on August 5, 2016.

I immediately downloaded the album when I returned from a trip to WeFest and was not disappointed.  I experienced a range of emotions and goosebumps galore as I explored his new work. Here are 10 reasons you should put down the Luke Bryan and pick up the Cody Johnson's Gotta Be Me


  1. Voice like silk.  Seriously.
  2. Love songs.  When's the last time you listened to a song from Luke Bryan that actually made you want to fall madly in love with someone?  I'll wait.  
  3. Steel guitar.  It's a country music staple and something modern country is truly lacking.  
  4. Cheating Songs.  How on earth could you ever feel bad for the woman cheating on a perfectly good man?  Become Cody Johnson, that's how.
  5. Country as Hell.  Guess what he doesn't need to do?  Tell you about in a song.
  6. Fighting songs.  We all have that one friend, you know the one.  He gets too liquid courage and gets himself into a heap of trouble.  Well "Billy's Brother" is the anthem for that friend.
  7. Stays true to himself.  I seriously feel like the more I listen to his music the more I get a peak into his life.  He's not trying to prove anything and that's what I love about him.
  8. Drinking songs.  Who's doesn't like a song to get drunk to?
  9. You can dance to it.  Who doesn't want to dance with their sweetie (or small animal) around their living room?  Go ahead and move the living room furniture out of the way, because you're gonna want to.
  10. Break up songs.  "Kiss Goodbye" makes me never want to go through the pain of a break up again.  I seriously felt like I was the one about to get dumped as I listened to it. 

Don't believe that Cody Johnson is the real deal?  See for yourself.


(Cody Johnson's new album is available for purchase on iTunes)

No comments:

Post a Comment